Template Development Guide
You can make money or bring attention to your website by selling/offering WSN Knowledge Base template sets. This page provides you with suggestions and considerations for the process.
Consider first whether you want to do a style or a template. Styles are much quicker to develop, and you can change the look considerably with a stylesheet and images combination. Of course you may be more ambitious, in which case you'll want to do a template set.
Suggestions for developing a template set:
- Develop with a multilingual install. An english-only version will be generated automatically by the packager when you're ready to distribute -- Admin Panel -> Templates -> Theme Packager.
- Remember that you can use any template variables and conditionals as you want, or even PHP if necessary.
- Develop with all the switches on, so that you can see all the things which may show up in the templates. Also test with switches off when you're done to be sure it adjusts nicely.
- If you end up needing new language items or new fields, that's okay -- you can tell the template packager to include them.
- Need to tie your template set to a particular stylesheet, or force some settings or switches to particular values? Use forceswitches.php for that.
- Announce your template set far and wide. Digital Point is a popular forum where you're encouraged to sell templates, and there are many other such places.