Install WSN Knowledge Base
Use WSN Knowledge Base free if you don't need support and don't mind a branding link. Activating a paid license at any time is completely painless and won't lose any of your customizations.
Download and Install
WSN Knowledge Base needs to be installed on a web server. Here's how:
- Note: If you use wordpress on your site or plan to, you'll most likely want to install the wordpress plugin version instead of this version.
- Download WSN Knowledge Base autosetup.php
- If you don't have web hosting yet, here's some suggestions (please note these are affiliate links, but each host has been verified compatible with WSN Knowledge Base): Dream Host, HostGator, Blue Host, Site Ground. Otherwise, make sure the host you choose meets the system requirements.
- Open up your web hosting control panel and click "File Manager". Navigate to the public_html or www directory. Upload the autosetup.php there.
- Go back to the front page of your web hosting control panel and find "MySQL" or "Databases". Click that. If you already have a database, write down the host name (usually localhost), database name, username and password which you'll need for installling WSN Knowledge Base. If you don't have one yet, create the database and database user here and write down the info. If it doesn't generate them at the same time for you, create the database first then the user for it, then make sure you assign the user to the database with full permissions (it's easy to forget the assign-user-to-database step).
- Visit the location on your website at which you've uploaded the autosetup.php, using your web browser (Chrome, Firefox, IE, etc). For example, http://yoursite.com/autosetup.php
- Fill in the info requested on screen, and you're done!
Having trouble? Just click the "Request Service" tab above and we'll do it all for you for free!
Professional Installation Service
The WSN Knowledge Base installer makes things as simple as possible, but you still have to get a web host and set up a database through your hosting control panel. We realize this isn't easy if you haven't done it before. Just fill out this page to describe what options you want installed and where you want it, and it'll be done for you by a professional -- usually within 24 hours and almost always within 72 hours. This service is completely free with no catch, even if you don't own the script yet.
Please Note: Installation services do not include any template customizations or any other type of customization. Customization services are available for $1/minute, please contact support with a description of your project to get an estimate.
Simply type your FTP access info here, the setup file will be sent and the installation process will begin.